Restorative Practice Coach - South Bronx H.S.
About the Opportunity
The Restorative Practice Coach will be responsible for planning, facilitation, and organizing of our in-school restorative practice intiatives. The RPC will work directly with educators in a South Bronx HS where many on staff use the skills of restorative practices in their classrooms, and the Principal is committed to further developing SEL skills & experiential, student centered learning in the 2022-23 school year.
The ideal candidate will possess the ability to:
- Motivate staff to become agents of change
- Awaken interest in relationship building & creating a learning community of students & teachers
- Serve as a trusted partner and resource for the school’s community
- Develop with school leadership and the staff CREW (Advisory) Committee plan for further development of a Social Emotional Learning/Restorative Practice (SEL/RP) school culture in the 2022-23 year;
- Collaborate with the SEL/RP CREW (Advisory) Committee, attend their bi-weekly meetings, and assist with updating CREW curriculum from remote and hybrid lessons to in-person lessons;
- Collaborate with the staff Committee to facilitate Restorative Practices training for all-school staff, and observe and coach RP trained staff;
- Assist the Dean in collaborating with Counselors and tracking RP interventions.
- Introduce DREAM! established mediation policies and protocols for existing program of staff with student & staff with staff mediations.
- BA in Arts and/or Education, BFA or related training preferred
- A minimum of 3-years experience teaching, curriculum development, and working with youth
- In-depth knowledge, commitment to, and experience in restorative practices & the philosophy and art of Circle Keeping and conflict resolution
- Strong oral and written communication skills and an ability to work as part of a team
- Prior work experience with schools and organizing in urban communities, or similar
- Give a minimum commitment thru July 2023.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish)
Skills and Approach to Work
- Integrity, credibility, and a commitment/ passion for DREAM!’s mission
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to problem-solve, work with a team, and ask for help
- Demonstrate effective classroom management skills and the ability to maintain a structured, positive learning environment
- Experience organizing and coordinating groups of people
- Attendance in monthly DREAM! staff meetings
- Communicate and follow-up regularly with the DREAM! Program Manager
- 20 hours per week- Part-time/placement based
- 30 hours of paid training in Peer Mediation, Restorative Justice Practices, and Mediation
Commitment to Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
DREAM! encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, as we want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort.
DREAM! is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, pregnancy, parental status, genetic information or characteristics (or those of family member) or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org a complete application package including:
- A cover letter outlining how your skills and qualifications meet the position requirements
- Any salary requirements