DREAM! impacts over 5,000 students, educators, support staff and parents annually offering:
- Experiential Restorative Practice training and Coaching for Teachers, Support Staff and Parents
- Experiential Peer Mediation training & sustainability support
- Professional Developments and coaching for Teachers, Administration and Support Staff on supporting the schools restorative culture shift
- Parent trainings on using mediation and restorative practices in the home
WHY BECOME A DREAM! PARTNER
our school's statistics show
- Our “Safety with Dignity” program offers Restorative Practice training with a focus on the implementation of practical tools, followed by 1 on 1 and small group coaching.
- Our training tools are used to increase classroom engagement, decrease conflict in the classroom and promote healthy relationship building.
- Our training tools and coaching increase Teacher and Principal effectiveness.
- We specialize in training and coaching the discipline team (Dean and support staff) to support the schools culture shift from punitive to restorative discipline.
- International Community High School
- Year 1 - a 63% reduction of school suspensions
- Year 2 - a 78% reduction of school suspensions
- Both the Principal and the Dean credits reduction to the implementation of DREAM!’s restorative practice trainings and coaching.
- Steady decline in both Principal and Superintendent suspensions in schools we have served since 2016-17 school year
- Highest decline - 75%
- Lowest decline - 18.42%
- Average decline - 51.09% reduction overall
- Through our Parent Action Committee (New Settlement Houses) partnership we trained 250 school safety agents in restorative discipline.
- We include the students in the schools culture shift through Peer Mediation trainings and youth led conflict resolution events.
- Our Mediation trainings are experiential and engaging for youth and adults
- Our Peer Mediation trainings are followed up by a weekly “Talk It Out” campaign club to assure sustainability of the program.
- We’ve reached over 16,000 students with our Peer Mediation trainings, conflict resolution skills training and live play “Aint Easy”.
- We have impacted 5,000 students and 374 Teachers in the 2017-2018 school year
- We believe in the power of community. We train the parents of our Peer Mediators on conflict resolution skills and Restorative Practices for the home.
- For the schools that are shifting their cultures from Punitive to Restorative, we train their parents on practical uses of Restorative Practices for the home.
- Our “Lens for Change” media & arts programs links arts learning, literacy and conflict resolution to social change.
- Young leaders learn and practice conflict resolution skills by way of producing media and arts projects.
- 76% of youth who enter Lens for Change at The COVE (see partnerships) in their freshman year of high school remain until they graduate.
- “Lens for Change” serves 125 youth annually.